Samsung Austin Semiconductor Campus Visit
SAS STEM Academy visits provide an opportunity for STEM students to receive an introduction to semiconductor manufacturing. They will be able to gain insight into the industry by interacting with Engineers and Technicians in the field.
SAS STEM visits are typically 9am-2pm.
- Walkthrough of Semicon World and a brief overview of Samsung Austin and its history.
- Breakfast served during the Samsung Overview and Making a Wafer presentation.
- A look into the factory (FAB) from the Observation Deck.
- Tech Talk over lunch with Engineers and Technicians who work at SAS.
- Time in the Technical Training Room for the opportunity to learn hands-on with tools used to manufacture wafers in the FAB.
- Paper circuit activity.
- FAB Protocol Overview and Smock Race Competition where students learn the requirements of being in the FAB environment.
- SAS Pathways presentation that goes over internship and hiring opportunities and details.
There is no cost to the school or program for these visits.
Requirements and Limitations
- 9th-12th Grade (Must be part of a STEM-based program)
- Student maximum is 25 (contact Perry Paikowski to discuss larger groups)
Please contact Perry Paikowski to check for availability at email@example.com
SAS STEM Academy & Intern Program Manager
Samsung Austin Semiconductor
12100 Samsung Blvd, Austin TX 78754